Saturday, February 25, 2012

He's Growing Up Too Fast!!!!

Sweet and Sour Orange
It's Saturday night, and already Lucas is doing new things and trying new things. I wish time would slow down a bit. My baby is growing too fast.

Lee went and got a mesh bag so that Lucas can try fresh fruit and veggies. I was so excited to try it, but the only fresh anything that I had at the moment was an orange. Yes it was a bit sweet and sour, and Lucas was making faces like he didn't like it, but he sure couldn't stop eating it. Safe to say that I think he loved it.

What is this, mama?

I don't think I like it...

...but I can't stop eating it. 


High Chair My Chair! 
My mom never got a high chair for Lucas because she had something specific in mind. She wanted something more authentic rather than the plastic ones that we all have now. We have been looking for one that would go great with her decor. She always talked about wanting the old timey wooden high chairs. So for meal times at mimi and papa's have either been in his lounge chair or in his walker (which is challenging). When we feed him in his walker, he always wants to jump. Any time his feet touches the ground, Lucas has it in his head that he has to jump. It's quite funny and cute except when you are trying to feed him. By the time it's over, food is all over the floor, in his hair, and in my eyes. Why? The kid won't stop jumping. So why don't I use the lounge chair? Well it leans too far back, and I have this fear he may choke, and besides it does not have a tray like the walker. How about using a bumbo you ask? I hate that thing. It causes him to lean forward, and the tray is too difficult to use. Have the time it pops out and I'm tired with dealing with it. 

Anyway, finally we have a high chair at mimi's and papa's! Yayyyyyyy!!!! We found an antique looking  wooden high chair at Sheffield's Antique Mall in Collierville. It was a great price too! Lucas seemed to love it too!
What? 
*Gasp* Who did this mess? Wasn't me...

Oh...alright...you caught me. 

Lucas Got Your Tongue!
Lee and Dad started this tongue sticking out business. While Lucas sits facing them, they stick out their tongue while Lucas tries to grab at it, but he never is quite quick enough. So what does he do instead? He sticks his tongue out at them. 
I know this is blurry, but it was too cute not to include. 

I can stick out my tongue too, Papa. 

Open your mouth. Let me get it!

I'm Crawling.........
and no I'm not. So close!
Poor thing wants to crawl so bad. He constantly gets up on his hands and knees and rocks. Sometimes he even lifts one knee like he's about to move it forward...and then he crashes forward to the floor. I think he has given up crawling forwards. I think crawling backwards constitutes as crawling...don't you? 

High Flying Little Monkey
Lee and Dad installed Lucas's new swing underneath mom's arbor. I think we had more fun watching him in the swing than he did. 
Ohhhhh this feels funny. 

I think I like it, but not sure. I'll smile and pretend I do to keep them happy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment